Community Service: Teens will complete various service projects onsite and offsite under the supervision of EDGE Community Service Coordinator. Projects include: Reach Out Lakota, PAWS Adoption Center, Hamilton Urban Garden Systems, Hope’s Closet, Bicycle Recycle, Clutter2Care, Hope House Mission, Blessing Bags, Meals on Wheels and others.
Fridays, Food Trucks & Futures: This unique life skills series is offered in both the fall and spring semesters. Teens will hear from presenters regarding job readiness, financial planning, housing, career pathways, buying their first car and more. At the end of each presentation teens are invited to a meal of a local food truck on site.
Magnified Giving: Teens will learn the value of philanthropy, community building and impact, volunteerism and more through small group work and leadership development.
Mental Health Break Out Groups: Teens will be able to meet with Cassie, a licensed counselor from Focus On Youth, our mental health provider. Teens will engage in large group discussions to learn skills and discuss how to cope with different aspects of their lives. Topics will vary from anxiety, grief, coming from blended families, depression, eating disorders, and relationships. Teens that have signed a Focus On Youth release form, can also sign up for time slots to have one on one discussions with Cassie.
Mental Health Individual Counseling: Teens may seek out individual counseling with Cassie, a licensed counselor from Focus On Youth, our mental health provider. (An additional consent form is necessary for individual counseling, this form is included in our registration packet).
MidPointe Library: Specialized programming from MidPointe Library West Chester staff such as the creative arts, STEM activities and youth advisory board.
Post High School Planning: Adult volunteers/staff as well as visits from post-secondary representatives will help answer next step life questions and provide guidance for teens after graduation through a variety of avenues depending on the individual needs of each teen.
Tutoring: Adult volunteers/staff will be available daily for tutoring and homework help
Yoga & Wellness: Health + Life Coach, Lindsey Bonadonna, facilitates open, safe, respectful conversations and body mindfulness activities monthly to promote authenticity and actionable growth among teens.
About This Program
Nearly every day after school there are community service opportunities available through EDGE Teen Center’s Community Service Program. This is the only program of its kind in the area and it provides coordination, transportation and supervision while teens serve the under-resourced in their own community.
**Community Service Forms are required from each teen in order to serve with us. Here is the link to the forms. Please bring with you on first day of attending EDGE, first day of serving with us, or email to email@example.com
Service Opportunities for the Spring
We offer Community Service Opportunities for both EDGE@EAST and EDGE@WEST. Anyone can go to any of the service opportunities; the location just determines where the van will depart from and where it will return after service.
- Reach Out Lakota: Volunteers help sort food donations, pack food, and load groceries into clients cars.
- Monday: 1/30, 3/13, 5/8 from 4:30-7:00pm
- SIGN-UP HERE
- Hope’s Closet: Volunteers help sort clothing donations and restock the store for foster children to shop for their own clothes.
- Monday: 2/13, 4/3 from 3:30-6:30pm (this includes drive time, service time is 2 hours)
- SIGN-UP HERE
- YMCA After-School at Creekside: Volunteers help supervise K-2nd graders as they wait to get picked up from school. This includes playing games in the gym, playing on the playground, art activities, and more.
- Monday: 2/27, 4/17 from 3:30-6:30pm (this includes drive time, service time is 2 hours)
- SIGN-UP HERE
- In Center Opportunities: Each Thursday, there is an in-center service opportunity at MidPointe Library. This includes blanket making, preparing tags and assembling Blessing Bags, and much more! Email if you have specific questions for information on what is being done each week
Looking for Virtual Community Service Opportunities?
Email Browyn (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive a list of our various virtual volunteering options with directions as a way to stay connected to giving back and supporting our community while maintaining social distance and from the comfort of your own home. Here is a snapshot of some virtual options:
- Be My Eyes App
- Become CPR certified (online)
- Send holiday cards to military personnel serving overseas
- Make no sew face masks to donate
- And many, many more ways to volunteer and serve!
Need a letterhead to receive credit for your service hours?
Upon service completion, please complete the following steps in order to receive your letterhead:
- Complete our Community Service Survey.
- Email the Community Service Coordinator, Browyn at email@example.com to request your letterhead.
**Follow us on our Community Service dedicated social media accounts**
We thank the Rotary Club of West Chester/Liberty for their support of the EDGE Community Service Program.