-noun – a person who performs a service willingly and without pay
-verb – to offer oneself for some service or purpose
EDGE Teen Center is a non-profit Teen Center providing supervision, programs and activities for local teens after school and on the weekends. EDGE is seeking Volunteers with a desire to make a real difference for our teens and our community.
Volunteer Opportunities at EDGE vary and can be customized to your schedule and area of interest. Roles EDGE needs to fill include:
- Tutors: If you have expertise in any academic area, your gifts and abilities can really help students who are struggling academically. One hour/week any school day that fits your schedule, 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
- Relationship Building: Our teens need and deserve 1:1 attention; someone to listen, interact and take interest in their lives. Meaningful relationships grow when a caring adult is available to help with homework, play games and engage in conversation.
- Impact Group Leaders: EDGE Impact Groups are offered when adult volunteers step up to make them a reality. If you are interested in leading a group, please contact Annie Droege. Impact Groups bring small groups of students together weekly to learn and expand on shared areas of interest.
- Community Service Program: Students have the unique opportunity to provide community service at local service sites, with supervision and transportation provided. We need adults to drive and serve alongside our teens. Typical hours are 3:00-6:00 pm, M-TH or 8:30am – 1:00pm Saturdays.
- Welcome & Sign-In: Keep kids safe and secure by greeting them as they enter EDGE and checking them into the computer system.
- Graphic Design or Video Expertise: We are looking for people with graphic design skills or video production/editing experience to assist with promoting EDGE programs and special events.
- Maintenance: Repair, paint and offer upkeep. Space utilized by groups of teenagers on a daily basis gets run down. EDGE needs handy, helpful people to pitch in periodically to keep things in shape.
For questions or to volunteer your time, energy and experience, contact:
Annie Droege, Teen Center Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org