About This Program
Nearly every day after school and some weekends, there are community service opportunities available through EDGE Teen Center’s Community Service Program. This is the only program of its kind in the area and it provides coordination, transportation and supervision while teens serve the under-resourced in their own community.
**Community Service Forms are required from each teen in order to serve with us. Here is the link to the forms. Please bring with you on first day of attending EDGE, first day of serving with us, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Opportunities for the FALL
We offer Community Service Opportunities for both EDGE@EAST and EDGE@WEST. Anyone can go to any of the service opportunities; the location just determines where the van will depart from and where it will return after service.
- Reach Out Lakota: A food and clothing pantry to those in need in West Chester/Liberty Township area. Volunteers are expected to sort donations, pack food, and help pass out groceries
- 2nd Mondays from 4:30pm-7:00pm (11/14, 12,12)
- Hope House Mission: Hope House Mission provides shelter and resources for the homeless population in Middletown. Volunteers will be expected to cook a meal and serve it to the Men’s homeless shelter. The meal to be cooked (and items) are decided by EDGE Teen Center.
- 2nd Wednesdays from 3:30-6:00pm (11/9, 12/14)
- Meals on Wheels: With Warren County Community Services, Meals on Wheels provides seniors that can’t cook themselves with fresh, balanced meals daily. These meals are delivered by caring people that drive in vans all day all over the Warren County/Middletown area. Volunteers help clean out these vans (like sweeping and wiping the interior) to take some of the stress off of the drivers!
- 3rd Wednesdays from 3:30-5:30pm (11/16)
- HUGS: Hamilton Urban Garden Systems (HUGS) needs volunteers to assist in their greenhouse, inventorying seeds, planting crops, basic maintenance, weeding, harvesting produce, and other tasks
- 4th Wednesday of September and October from 3:30pm-5:30pm (10/26)
- In Center Opportunities: Each Monday, there is an in-center service opportunity. This includes Bicycle Recycle, blanket making, preparing tags and assembling Blessing Bags, and much more! Email if you have specific questions for information on what is being done each week
- Clutter2Care: A nonprofit thrift store that takes any and all donations to sell them and use the proceeds for missions and outreach for children and families. Volunteers will help with a variety of projects such as organizing, sorting donations, decorating, and so much more
- Every 1st Tuesday from 3:30pm-5:30pm (11/1, 12/6)
- Hope’s Closet: They support foster children and families via clothing boutique, family activities, and foster parent training. Volunteers will be sorting clothes, restocking, and organizing
- Every 2nd Tuesday from 3:30-5:30pm (12/13)
- YMCA After School Program: This volunteer opportunity takes place at Creekside Elementary. Volunteers get to supervise children while doing several different activities. This can include playing on the playground, coloring, games, and other fun activities!
- Every 3rd Tuesday from 4:00-6:00pm (11/15)
- PAWS: This no-kill shelter is dedicated to the reduction of homeless pets. Volunteers help with daily cleaning tasks and other tasks. Playtime with the cats can be earned at the end of service!
- **more to come in the spring
- In Center Opportunities: Each Thursday, there is an in-center service opportunity. This includes blanket making, preparing tags and assembling Blessing Bags, and much more! Email if you have specific questions for information on what is being done each week
Looking for Virtual Community Service Opportunities?
Email Browyn (email@example.com) to receive a list of our various virtual volunteering options with directions as a way to stay connected to giving back and supporting our community while maintaining social distance and from the comfort of your own home. Here is a snapshot of some virtual options:
- Be My Eyes App
- Become CPR certified (online)
- Send holiday cards to military personnel serving overseas
- Make no sew face masks to donate
- And many, many more ways to volunteer and serve!
Need a letterhead to receive credit for your service hours?
Upon service completion, please complete the following steps in order to receive your letterhead:
- Complete our Community Service Survey.
- Email the Community Service Coordinator, Browyn at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your letterhead.
**Follow us on our Community Service dedicated social media accounts**
We thank the Community Grants Fund at the Community Foundation of West Chester/Liberty and the Rotary Club of West Chester/Liberty for their support of the EDGE Community Service Program.