We hire friendly, enthusiastic and motivated adults with a passion for working with and/or tutoring teens.
EDGE@West Coordinator- 30 hours/week
EDGE Teen Centers operates two after-school centers for high school students primarily in Lakota School District. The Lakota West High School campus is within walking distance of the EDGE@West center which operates out of the community rooms located within MidPointe Library West Chester. The Lakota West campuses house 2800+ students. Over 150 unique teens attended our pilot year for EDGE@West in 2021-22. EDGE@West serves a diverse teen population providing a safe, inclusive space for them to grow and set participants up for success in their daily life and beyond. EDGE offers teens a variety of opt-in programming opportunities developed around healthy living, life skills, academic success and community service. As a non-profit organization, EDGE is funded by corporate sponsorships, fundraising events, individual contributions, local church support, and various grants. More information about EDGE Teen Centers can be found at: www.edgeteencenter.com
Role Overview: The EDGE@West Coordinator primarily manages the daily after-school operations offered at the center as well as represents EDGE in the Lakota West community. The EDGE@West Coordinator is responsible for maintaining a safe environment where all teens are valued and accepted. The EDGE@West Coordinator implements programming and planned activities; oversees part time staff and volunteers during center hours; and has overall responsibility for building relationships/mentoring the teens. This is a full-time position with limited hours during the summer months.
- Oversee the daily activities and operations of the center, ensuring a safe, supervised environment of care and acceptance for all teens
- Plan, implement, oversee and recruit teen participation in programs and constructive activities identified in EDGE’s strategic plan that build assets for teens while in the center
- Interact with teens and build relationships
- Represent EDGE at local community and Lakota West school events and collaborations
- Foster and maintain a positive collaborative relationship with MidPointe Library Systems staff
- Foster and maintain a positive team culture for all paid and volunteer staff
Generally Monday-Friday 12-6 pm with occasional morning hours inside the school building
30 Hours/week August 2022 through May 2023
5 Hours/week June through July 2023
This position is paid hourly at $17/hour. School breaks and holidays are unpaid.
Please send resumes to email@example.com